Environmental Public Education Office
Located on the University of Delaware's Newark campus, the Environmental Public Education Office serves as the public information and media relations center for both the UD College of Earth, Ocean, and Environment and the Delaware Sea Grant College Program. The Environmental Public Education Office works closely with marine scientists to translate complex research into engaging, easily understandable publications, Web sites, exhibits, audiovisuals, and online features. The staff also works closely with the print and broadcast media, the Sea Grant Marine Advisory Service, and other Sea Grant programs and marine institutions around the nation to extend information to the public. The office currently:
- Maintains an online News Center, issuing an average of 100 press releases per year to hundreds of media outlets.
- Produces the e-newsletter At Sea.
- Contributes stories to the University of Delaware's Messenger magazine, reaching over 100,000 readers.
- Produces Reporter, an annual newspaper insert that informs over 130,000 readers about Sea Grant research and outreach activities.
- Develops the bimonthly SeaTalk radio series, broadcast on radio stations in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Helps plan, promote, and develop special exhibits for Coast Day.
- Produces dozens of publications and distributes thousands of them each year in response to requests from the public.
- Develops and maintains the Delaware Sea Grant Web site.
Environmental Public Education Office staff:
Katy O'Connell, Director - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tammy Beeson, Art Director - email@example.com
Pam Donnelly, Communications Specialist I - firstname.lastname@example.org
Teresa Messmore, Communications Specialist II - email@example.com
Rebecca Rothweiler, Outreach Specialist - firstname.lastname@example.org